Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Swimming at the Hoisington's Pool

We borrowed Ethan and Elliot Hoisington and took all the kids swimming in their community pool. 
The lineup:  Bex, Matthew, Elliot, Ethan and Emily 
 Emily jumping in! 
Katie spent the day relaxing on the edge of the pool in the deep end
 Matthew and Elliot jumping in!
 It was so funny because after only 5 minutes of watching the kids swim, the lifeguard yelled for the kids to clear out of the pool for 10 minutes of adult swim only (which happens every hour).  The kids were so grumpy and I was so overjoyed to jump into the pool and have it all to myself while they sat on the edge watching!  Yes, I did rub it in their faces quite a bit with my playful banter and as soon as the lifeguard took his post again, the kids attacked me!  I deserved it, but it was well worth the 10 minutes of peace and freedom from anyone hanging on me in the pool!
 Rebecca is fearless and jumps right into the water!  This has its benefits and downsides too - like when she walks all the way to the deep end with no one there to keep up with her and she jumps right in!  She doesn't think twice about it!
 Everyone had fun under the water shower in the kiddie area
 We were only planning on being at the pool for 1-1/2 hours and it was actually 3.  So I did get sunburned that afternoon on my shoulders/back.  I am great at getting the kids covered, but never want to take time out for myself!  After an itchy week, I think I have learned my lesson!
We had a great time with our friends at the pool!  Hopefully we can do this often this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment